Ordinances & Resolutions
The following Ordinances & Resolutions were passed in November:
– an ordinance authorizing Change Order No. 1 with Apex Construction & Management, Inc. for the Community Building Improvements Project. This is in the increase amount of $11,182.94 due to additional ceiling work which was not part of the original contract.
– an ordinance authorizing Change Order No. 1 with Ronyak Paving, Inc. for the 2013 Asphalt Paving Program. This is a decrease amount of $95,691.47 as a result of contract reconciliation due to the project being completed.
– an ordinance authorizing the Mayor to enter into an agreement with the Cuyahoga County Juvenile Court for participation in the Juvenile Court Community Diversion Program. The Village has participated in this program for several years; this will authorize the Village’s continued participation in the program.
– an ordinance authorizing a request to the Ohio Board of Building Standards to enforce the Residential Code of Ohio in the Village. This will certify the Village Building Department giving them authority to enforce provisions of the Ohio Residential Code with respect to residential buildings; the Building Department is already certified to enforce the Ohio State Building Code with respect to non-residential (commercial) buildings.
– an ordinance amending Chapter 1365 of the Building Code to apply the International Property Maintenance Code to residential properties.
– an ordinance enacting new Section 1313.24 of the Building Code to establish a lot completion deposit requirement. This deposit shall be forfeited to the Village if a property owner or property owner’s contractor fails to timely complete all required improvements for permitted residential and non-residential jobs. Placed on First Reading
– an ordinance authorizing the Mayor to enter into a contract with Medical Mutual for the provision of health care insurance to the Village Employees at a total estimated monthly cost of $26,893.91. This is a twelve month contract effective December 1, 2014 through November 30, 2015.
– an appropriations ordinance, which is a monthly financial housekeeping item.
– an ordinance establishing appropriations for the first quarter of the fiscal year 2015 for the Village, to provide for current and other expenditures.
– a resolution requesting the County Auditor to make advances from the proceeds of real and personal property tax levies and special assessments during the fiscal year 2015 pursuant to the Ohio Revised Code Section 321.34.