Greening the Hills Events
At VILLAGE HALL
Saturday, May 3, 2014 — 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Please join the Green-Parks Commission, Elected Officials, and other residents for:
Cleveland Food Bank
- Light refreshments, Conversation and Clutter Removal
- Confidential Paper Shredding and Hazardous Waste Drop-Off
- The Service Department is sponsoring a Food-Drive at this event to benefit the Cleveland Food Bank, so please bring non-perishable food items to donate when you come in.
- The Service Department will also be accepting donations for Goodwill. Bring any unwanted clothing and/or household items to donate.
– Our Service Department will be sponsoring a food drive to benefit a worthy cause. Please bring non-perishable food items to donate, such as: dry milk, peanut butter, jelly & jams, hot & cold cereals, granola bars, canned tuna, chicken, or salmon, rice, macaroni & cheese, pasta, canned vegetables, beans, or fruit, baby food, soup, crackers, sauce & gravy, cooking oil, juice boxes, salad dressing, and apple sauce. They will also be accepting laundry detergent, hand soap and dish soap.
– Clean out your closets and bring any unwanted or unused clothing and/or household items to be donated to a good cause. Goodwill accepts men’s, women’s, & children’s clothing, small appliances (in working condition), linens, furniture, games, toys, garden & lawn tools, power & hand tools, jewelry, sporting goods, bicycles, and wagons. For a complete list of acceptable items, please call Village Hall.
Free Confidential Paper Shredding
– From 9:00 until Noon the Village will offer paper shredding. Please bring your boxes of paper to be shredded safely and securely.
– Drop off oil-based paints, varnish, harsh cleaning supplies, herbicides and pesticides, etc. Let us help you get rid of those environmentally unfriendly items in an environmentally friendly manner.
Recycle, Recycle, Recycle
– Bring old cell phones, computers and other electronics, and car and lawn mower batteries for safe disposal. Drop off heavy scrap metal, aluminum and tires for recycling as well.