Cons & Scams
Signs of fraud:
Remember: If the offer is “too good to be true”, it probably is!
- You must pay to win or must pay now
- You must decide now
- They pressure you for a credit card number or personal information
- They instruct you not to tell anyone
- They tell you the initial investment will be worth it
- They claim you have won a contest or lottery you’ve never heard of or entered
- They tell you to send money in advance
- You have to pay a fee to receive your “prize”
- You are asked to send money out of the country
- You are asked to wire money or purchase a prepaid money card
- They guarantee you’ll make money
- They refuse to provide written information or contact information
Please contact your local Better Business Bureau (BBB) or local Law Enforcement Agency should you have any questions or concerns.
Police Department Community Meeting
The Moreland Hills Police Department will be scheduling meetings to be held in the new Community Building at the Village complex to provide residents with updates on recent activity in the area and to discuss other pertinent topics, such as frauds and scams.
The first of these meetings is scheduled for Wednesday, May 20, 2015 @ 7:00pm