Ordinances & Resolutions
The following Ordinances & Resolutions were passed in October:
– authorizes the Mayor to enter into a restated and amended agreement with Chagrin Falls Township for Building Department services, which includes administrative and enforcement services and receiving and processing of all applications for permits.
– authorizes the Mayor to enter into an agreement with Wentworth Technologies LLC (d.b.a. CityForce) and the City of Pepper Pike to purchase software to be used by the Building Department.
– authorizes the Mayor to purchase two-way communication radios for the Service Department, at a total cost not to exceed $36,329.00.
– authorizes the Mayor to enter into an agreement between the Cuyahoga County Juvenile Court and the Village of Moreland Hills for the continued participation in the Juvenile Court Community Diversion Program for 2016-2017.
– authorizes the Mayor to enter into a contract with Medical Mutual for the provision of health care insurance to Village employees, at the total estimated monthly cost of $35,659.00.
– rejects all bids received for the 2015 Sewer Rehabilitation Program. One bid was received in the amount of $180,647.50 which was more than 10% over the Village Engineer’s estimate of $121,000.
- adopts new Chapter 184 Earned Income Tax for the Codified Ordinances of the Village of Moreland Hills regarding municipal income tax. House Bill 5 mandates that municipal income tax codes be amended by January 1, 2016; Council deemed it necessary to enact this new chapter to include the amendments required prior to the January deadline.
– accepts a donation from Walter|Haverfield LLP in memory of Gene A. Casebere, the late father of Mayor Susan Renda, to be used for the benefit of Forest Ridge Preserve.
- is an appropriations ordinance, which is a monthly financial housekeeping item.