Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the following explains the current operations of the Service Department
The Village Service Department will continue to provide critical services to the residents through this period but WILL NOT be able to provide the following services in order to limit resident-to-employee contact:
- Special Pick-Up Collections*
- Yard Waste Collections*
*These pick-up services will begin again on June 1st. Please call the Service Department the week prior to schedule your pick-up.
OTHER PRECAUTIONS THAT NEED TO BE TAKEN:
- All rubbish in carts MUST be bagged and tied - NO LOOSE MATERIALS
- All recyclable materials MUST be in carts (Loose – not bagged).
- Any cardboard not in recycle carts, MUST be broken down and flattened, stacked and tied. Cardboard is the ONLY item that will be picked up if placed outside the cart. All other rubbish must be bagged & tied and placed inside the cart.
- Lids on both rubbish and recycling carts MUST be closed.
- Absolutely NO DROP OFF AT THE SERVICE FACILITY of residential solid waste, recyclable materials, or scrap metal, until further notice.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding during this unprecedented time.
The Service Department of Moreland Hills is proud to offer services to residents that go beyond expectations from people who enjoy what they do. Here you will find information regarding trash, yard, recycling, and special pick-ups, snow removal, and services for our senior residents. Our service department prides itself on being friendly, hard-working, and most importantly, flexible to assist our residents with their needs.
You will find information about our services, contact information, and pick-up schedules here. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact our Service Department.
Ted DeWater has been a Chagrin Valley resident his entire life. Ted has been with the Village of Moreland Hills for almost 20 years. In 2004, Ted was appointed Service Director. He is a member of the Northeast Ohio Service Directors Association and the Chagrin Valley Service Directors Association. Ted is married with two daughters.