Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the following explains the current operations of the Service Department as it relates to curbside recycling and rubbish pick-ups:
The Village Service Department will continue to provide critical services to the residents through this period but WILL NOT be able to provide the following services in order to limit resident-to-employee contact:
- Special Pick-Up Collections*
- Yard Waste Collections*
*These pick-up services will begin again on June 1st. Please call the Service Department the week prior to schedule your pick-up.
OTHER PRECAUTIONS THAT NEED TO BE TAKEN:
- All rubbish in carts MUST be bagged and tied - NO LOOSE MATERIALS
- All recyclable materials MUST be in carts (Loose – not bagged).
- Any cardboard not in recycle carts, MUST be broken down and flattened, stacked and tied. Cardboard is the ONLY item that will be picked up if placed outside the cart. All other rubbish must be bagged & tied and placed inside the cart.
- Lids on both rubbish and recycling carts MUST be closed.
- Absolutely NO DROP OFF AT THE SERVICE FACILITY of residential solid waste, recyclable materials, or scrap metal, until further notice.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding during this unprecedented time.
Rubbish Collection/Special Pickups
Scheduled collections are made on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Click here for the Trash Collection Schedule.
If a Holiday falls on a Friday, rubbish collection is not affected. If a holiday (i.e. New Year’s Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day) falls on your regular collection day, the collection will be delayed one day.
Containers should be at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on pickup day, but not before 7:00 p.m. on the previous day. Containers must be purchased through the Village Service Department: 65 Gallon – $70.00; 95 Gallon – $75.00 Contact the Service Department at (440) 248-1188 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for purchase.
The landfills will no longer accept liquid household hazardous waste. Paint, oil, solvents and household chemicals should be separated and should not be put in garbage bags or cans. You can bring those items to the Service Facility, Monday through Friday, 7:00am - 3:00pm or contact the Cuyahoga Solid Waste District (216-443-3729; www.cuyahogarecycles.org) for advice. Click here to see a list of additional items that can be dropped off at the Service Facility.
Special pickups are done on Mondays (except on Holidays); Contact the Village Hall Service Department at 440-248-1188 or email at email@example.com no later than the Friday prior to schedule a pickup of: appliances, furniture, moving boxes, etc. Construction debris is the responsibility of the owner and or builder.
Each resident is entitled to two (2) free pickups per year, except that the resident shall pay the Municipality for any out-of-pocket expenses (such as freon removal) which the Municipality will incur as a result of such pick-up. Only three additional special service pick-ups per year may be scheduled with the Service Department for a fee of fifty dollars ($50.00) plus any additional charge for any anticipated additional expenses. Such charges shall be paid prior to the removal. You can drop a check off at Village Hall or mail it to Village Hall 4350 S.O.M. Center Road, Moreland Hills, Ohio 44022.
*If a resident fails to place solid waste or any other item out for collection by the Village in time for a regular service pick-up and the resident requests that the Service Department return to the residence for a service pick-up, the rescheduled service pick-up shall count towards the special service pick-ups allotted to each residence.
MATERIALS NOT ACCEPTED FOR COLLECTION AND DISPOSAL.
- The Village does not accept for collection and disposal any construction materials from work performed by either a contractor or property owner. The contractor and property owner are solely responsible for the collection and disposal of all construction materials.
- The Village does not accept for collection and disposal any solid waste or other items or materials left by a property owner or tenant due to a tenant vacating a property. The property owner is solely responsible for the collection and disposal of all such tenant materials.
Whoever violates any of the provisions of this section is guilty of a minor misdemeanor. Each day during which noncompliance or a violation continues shall constitute a separate offense.”
DUMP TRUCK RENTAL
Any resident may request a Village dump truck to be parked at the residence overnight or on a weekend for extraordinarily large pickups. The charge is $150.00 or the current land fill fees. Call Village Hall for scheduling and further details. Click here for the application form.